Tallow skincare is centuries old.
Tallow is rendered beef fat. It is extremely compatible with our skin’s sebum (oil). This allows our skin to use it effectively by providing an intense moisture while still being noncomedogenic (won’t clog pores). Tallow also has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
All of the beef fat is sourced from L & S Family Farms, a small family farm in Nashville, NC. Their beef is grassfed, pasture raised, and never given antibiotics or growth hormones.
Tallow naturally contains:
- The fat-soluble vitamins A, D3, E, and K2, along with vitamin B12.
- Alpha linoleic acid and linoleic acid: known as omega 3 and 6 fatty acids that maintain the structure and barrier function of skin. They are also helpful for anti-inflammatory and immune responses in the skin.
- Stearic acid and oleic acid: fatty acids found in our skin and sebum. Stearic acid helps to repair and improve skin and the skin’s barrier function. Oleic acid helps beneficial nutrients penetrate the skin.
- Conjugated linoleic acid: has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and is antimicrobial.
- Palmitoleic acid: another powerful antimicrobial that is also one of the building blocks of our skin which decreases as we age.
- Palmitic acid: improves smoothness and aides the skin’s barrier function.
Tallow balm is similar to a firm salve and can replace lotion, face serum, wrinkle cream, diaper balm, medicated creams etc.
No sulfates, synthetics, parabens, false fragrances, preservatives, artificial colors
A little goes a LONG WAY!
Handcrafted with grassfed tallow, organic olive oil.